Monday, May 4, 2015

Thoughts on… on what?

I dare you to think about loneliness. If this topic bothers you so much, think of this: what about skateboarder-traumatologist? Is he a person who really do not need anyone? And if so, how is it possible?
Way too many thoughts in my head (well, where else can thoughts be? In the butt? Let’s suppose I know some people who take their thoughts only from there), I need a relief. Have you ever thought on how difficult it may be to fiston Public Garden which is fifteen minutes walk from here because it’s inconvenient. I know that the charge on my phone is 10%. Those batteries are so very unreliable. I can’t believe I live in XXI century. There are so many places without wireless internet, and computer or smartphone batteries are only for several hours or so. I have a single adapter so I can charge either my smartphone or my laptop. I don’t want to spend money on another charger knowing that there is a number of them at Mum’s home. This is a topic for a different thought. Why do different countries have different standards? Where those came from, and why can’t they consider one for all? This laptop annoys me. Not only it is not able to use wireless internet (cable only), it also suddenly stops. For instance, when I am writing something, it suddenly stops working, and I only notice it when half of a centence is not written. I am now on Copley square, sitting here at a border of a fountain. I ewanted some grass to lie on, but it’s very dirty here so I won’t feel relaxed if I lie on such grass. I can only sit on my skateboard (that’s mostlyn what it is for, most places in Boston are not skateboardable). There are a lot of homeless here, which drives me nuts. Why are they called homeless? Homeless is a word which describes a person who lost his home, this word brings pity from the depth of my soul. Why are they called homeless? This word is not applicable to them. They are just people who don’t want to work. Those who are comfortable with asking for money from strangers. Now, I gotta go from here and finally make it to Boston Public Garden. I am tired of sitting in this pose.
I love to watch school students. Most of them are definitions of perfect human beings. They are in the age frame before annoying childhood and before college life with its sober drinking, weed smoking and random sex. Mentioning those things, a neigbour of mine comes to the top of my head. We are both students with Health Sciences major, but how different we are! He is completely the opposite of my definition of a perfect Man. I will try to describe him from the rational point of view. His name is James, and I will not mention his family name because I am sure that he will read this, and then will be like “Oh why did you write such things about me for the public?” For you, James, to not find me impolite and rude, I will not. Please correct me if I am wrong with something, I am trying to describe you not as a single person, but as an example of mass of people,  hundreds of thousands modern citizens of Earth around the Globe. So let me begin.
James is twenty-two years old. Looking on his pictures he posted on Facebook when he studied at school several years ago, he looked different but much better. He served in air forces, where he also worked and was given a special pill to sleep about an hour a day and no more. Thanks to air forces, he entered Northeastern University’s college of sciences and is currently studies there (I am not sure about what year is he in). He loves drinking alcohol and smoking marijuna. He is obsessed with those things and smokes and drinks every day regardless his mood and time.
James was not born to know what is Freedom. “The Three Things”, as I call it (in James’s case, Marijuana, Alcohol, Women) enslave him. I love to talk to him, and fortunately, we are never to understand each other, because we speak on different languages. Let’s consider The Three Things. I was trying to understand why James smokes marijuana, and I tried to talk to him about it, which did not bring any reasonable conclusions. I asked if he was not happy wit his life, and was looking for happiness in the things he smoked and drunk, in the things the result of using which he called “to be high”. He explained me that he is happy with his life, but was he is doing was just “for a different kind of happiness”.
The other day I saw James drinking vodka with his female friend, Lily. It was behind the borders because it is commonly known that only the alcoholics drink vodka, which is, by its nature, almost a pure alcohol, but I avoided any comments because I was trying to understand him. They were doing it before going to a concert, which made even less sense. If they were about to visit the concert they were longing for, and hence experience a lot of positive emotions there, why drinking such strong alcohol in purpose to feel that “different type of happiness”? Is it so hard to understand how that different type of happiness feels and why one needs it, like it is difficult for a goldfish to understand the basic principles of solving mathematical equations? Or am I refusing to understand?
Jason is obsessed with random sex. The other day, when we had an interesting conversation about the World in general and its structure, he eventually changed the topic and started boasting that from the ten attractive girls he noticed on his first lecture for one course, he had intimate relationships with two of them. I immediately asked him if he felt comfortable boasting about this and told him that it is shameful, but in the long run we’ve reached the consensus that we simply look on the things from the different point of view and that it will be interesting for us to get to know each other better in future. However, a lot of questions remained which I want to ask Jason, and hopefully will, regardless how impolite they may sound. 
I am lying on the grass in the Garden now, and with the help of my skateboard my clothes stays dry. How worm, how peaceful it is here! I would be in some sort of paradise if it wasn’t for the geese’s poops, which are especially visible in the border of water in the pond and lawn. The general point of view on intimate relationships between a man and a woman in modern society is very far from ideal. What are the human feelings? How to define them? Throughout the history of mankind, society in general was developing like a person. The “moral revolution” happened circa anno domini 1920. From that moment this point of view was changing to the worse. Although, I can argue about that with myself. It is obvious that a lot of things have turned upside down around that year, but did it bring us to the worse or we are experiencing the changes that will eventually lead to the better. There is something people can do.
Twenty first century brings a lot of surprises, and those of them uncovered were really nice. I consider it pointless to least the technological achievements and focus on the cultural. A number of things are currently being reconsidered.

No comments:

Post a Comment