Monday, April 14, 2014

Philosophy of Time

We do not have any time. This short, but very wise and full of significance sentence I always knew for sure but today I understood it as clear as probably never before. If you are of those kind of people who accidentally write the previous month or year when signing the date, accept my congratulations. And if you don't see a problem in it, I suggest to re-revise it completely. Sometimes it can look like there is so much time ahead, but the first impression is always deceptively. Let me tell why.
Most of the people, when they are young, feel like the time is so sluggish and you are likely to wait an eternity or two until you become big and grown-up. Accept it: who don't remember those preschool years, when you were lying on the bed at your kindergarten during the day sleeping hour, watching in the window and looking forward to the end of the day. Used to be, didn't it? What would you say now?
I first noticed then when my Grandmother bought a huge wall clock. It was really big, and once really bored during the summer vacation, I watched its minute hand. The mechanism of the clock was quartz, it had no hand which showed seconds, however the mechanism was working as standard: every second the motor made a full movement which setted gears in motion, which in their turn moved the minute hand. Because of that construction, the minute hand did a very tiny movement every second, dividing each minute on sixty time pieces. And since the face of the clock was so huge, I could easily see each movement. That was the moment in my life when I realized how quickly the hand will return on its place and how one hour is actually short. It was shocking and scary. I watched the hand for only five or ten minutes, but that was more than enough to realize how quickly did they flew by. Some time before, at the age of eight, I accidentally watched one interesting music video on the television. The song was called "Time" by Irakly Pyrzhalava. I remembered the moment when the dude was trying to stop the time for a moment by holding a hand of a big tower clock which actually fell from that tower a moment before. He succeed for a moment, but had to give up since the hand was like an edge or a very sharp knife, which seriously cut guy's handbreadth when he was holding it. When looking at Grandma's clock, I associated myself with that guy.
So what's the point? The point is that with years the situation is getting worse.

No comments:

Post a Comment