Monday, November 24, 2014

Flickering Boston

It's only the middle of November, but in Boston the winter holiday reparations are already done duly. Since last Wednesday I started noticing the colorful lights and decorations around the city.

I have a pleasure today to introduce you a new place in Somerville - Pearl street. Somerville is a small suburban town in Boston Metro area. I wouldn't call it so cozy to live though it's better than a number of Boston's surrounding towns. The Metro Area, basically, illustrates the common urbanization of America, which will be my future topic. For today I'll share the photos from Pearl street.
I live on Everett avenue (which is, however, a very short sidestreet and has nothing to do with a definition of avenue), and before I discovered the Assembly station, I used to commute from Sullivan Square. It takes roughly the same time to get to both of them from my home










One of the streets parallel to Boylston, as seen from Public Garden's fence.

Trees, now naked, in Boston Public Garden.


Common area design suggestion. Boylston street.
It's only the middle of November, but in Boston the winter holiday reparations are already done duly. Since last Wednesday I started noticing the colorful lights and decorations around the city.




Hallway design suggestion. Boylston street.
Returning back home late in the evening, when t off the electric multiple unit on Sullivan Square station to walk on the Pearl street again and see how it looks at night.



Sullivan Square station, MBTA Orange line.

Bright porch on the corner of Parker and Hadley streets, Somerville.

Another porch, even brighter, in Somerville.
Newly built East Somerville community school looks modern both in the day and at night:



No comments:

Post a Comment